Teaching period: Weeks 9-11, 26 February – 16 March 2019
Teacher(s): Kristina Aas and Kari Dyrdal
Number of available place for KUNO students: 3
Requirements: Core course in weaving and basic knowledge in digital tools is required.
Application deadline: 20 November
How to apply: Please send a motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Give access to knowledge relevant for artistic development and production of artwork in different context
• Prepare towards exhibition entry
• Individual tutoring on artistic processes
• Theory on building motives in woven textiles by using two or more warp and weft systems.
• Basic and complex theory on weaves
• Construction of weaves and combinations in one or more layers /systems.
• Introduction to different software: Weave Point. Nedgraphics (Texelle / Product Creator)
• Experiments / sampling in digital dobby looms, TC-1, TC-2 and digital Jacquard.
• Preparation of files for handlooms and industrial power looms
• Study trip to a weaving factory